With over 80,000 courses available online, Udemy boasts a wide selection of subjects to choose from. Some courses have proven to be very popular, with over 100,000 students enrolled in many classes. While the numbers constantly change, the following courses have proved to be some of the most popular courses that Udemy has to offer in various fields:
Table of Contents
Top Development Courses
- Instructor: Jose Portilla
- Students Enrolled: Over 387,000
- Number of Lectures: 186
- Hours of Instruction: 24:10:14
Python programming is in demand in 2018, and this course teaches students how to use Python 3 in a professional setting. This class is geared towards all knowledge levels, from beginners to advanced users.
Students will learn Python from the ground up including decorators, game creation, GUIs, Jupyter Notebook, and creating .py files. Notes are also provided for Python 2. Udemy advertises it as the most comprehensive and straightforward Python class available on their site.
- Instructor: Colt Steele
- Students Enrolled: Over 337,000
- Number of Lectures: 366
- Hours of Instruction: 43:15:27
Instruction is provided by a professional boot camp instructor who boasts of a high percentage of students who gain full-time work as developers. The material covered is up to date, avoiding dated technologies like PHP.
Top Business Courses
- Instructors: Kirill Eremenko and Hadelin de Ponteves
- Students Enrolled: Over 307,000
- Number of Lectures: 287
- Hours of Instruction: 41:12:35
This course provides students with an understanding of machine learning. Both instructors are data scientists that have designed each lecture to build upon the information provided in previous entries.
Anyone with an understanding of High School mathematics will be able to work their way through this ten-part course. From data preprocessing to model selection and boosting, the information provided skills and understanding in this profitable field within data science. The course includes downloadable Python and R code templates to use on projects.
- Instructor: Jose Portilla
- Students Enrolled: Over 153,000
- Number of Lectures: 148
- Hours of Instruction: 22:26:57
Another course from this popular instructor that covers the use of programs for analysis and learning in data science. Through Python, students will learn how to present data with intriguing visualizations as well as analysis through algorithms.
The intermediate materials covered in this course will require some previous programming experience. Those interested in problem-solving will learn uses for NumPY, pandas, matplotlib and seaborn (data visuals), plotly (interactive visuals), as well as other programs. Along with Python programming, students will learn to connect with it with SQL along with subjects such as decision trees and linear regression.
Top IT & Software Courses
- Instructors: Ryan Kroonenburg and Faye Ellis
- Students Enrolled: Over 340,200
- Number of Lectures: 120
- Hours of Instruction: 20:54:47
This popular course is presented by two instructors and is intended for absolute beginners and current architects using Amazon Web Services (AWS). Those taking this class will be prepared to pass the AWS Certified Solutions Architect (CSA) Associate Exam.
Employment opportunities and higher salaries can be obtained by those who pass the CSA exam. A wide range of topics are covered and include autoscaling, DynamoDB, EMR, Route53, as well other subjects. While it is not required, the instructors recommend that students own a domain name.
- Instructor: Zaid Sabih
- Students Enrolled: Over 133,600
- Number of Lectures: 137
- Hours of Instruction: 12:51:41
This course on ethical hacking focuses on penetration testing while highlighting the multiple fields it covers. Students need to have basic IT skills and access to a computer with a minimum of 4GB ram – memory.
The instruction begins with basic concepts, including setting up a testing lab to work from. This course is divided into four major sections. Topics include gaining access, server-side attacks, post exploitation, and web application testing.
Top Office Productivity Courses
- Instructor: Kyle Pew
- Students Enrolled: Over 128,700
- Number of Lectures: 190
- Hours of Instruction: 14:54:05
With over 15-years of Excel training, the instructor has designed a course that takes students from beginner to advanced user techniques. It combines four courses (Microsoft Excel 101, 102, 103, and Master Microsoft Excel Macros and VBA in 6 Simple Projects).
From the most common Excel functions to listed or tabled data sets, each lecture builds upon previously covered materials that provide comprehensive coverage. Students will learn about creating spreadsheets, managing large sets of data, as well as Excel program functions such as AddIn and PowerPivot. The material used was generated in Excel 2013 but should work with 2010, 2016, and most 2007 applications.
Other Top Courses
- Personal Development – NLP Practitioner Certificate Course (Beginner to Advanced) (32,400+ students)
- Design – The Ultimate Drawing Course-Beginner to Advanced (216,500+ students)
- Marketing – The Complete Digital Marketing Course – 12 Courses in 1 (187,100+ students)
- Photography – Photography Masterclass: A Complete Guide to Photography (33,870+ students)
- Music – Pianoforall – Incredible New Way To Learn Piano & Keyboard (138,800+ students)
- Plus many courses in other categories